I am a well-rounded, self-motivated professional passionate about bringing people together around the issues that ignite them. My background includes event management, non-profit fundraising, international development, and executive education.
- Relationship building
- Event management
- Strategic analysis
- Non-profit fundraising
- Customer service
- Innovative problem solving
- Exemplary organizational skills, detail oriented
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PPT)
- Database management including Raiser's Edge, Salesforce, Delphi, Donor Perfect
- Basic HTML and graphic design (Adobe Suite: Photoshop, InDesign)
- Confident working with web and social media (Google AdWords, Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, Pinterest)
- Learns new technologies quickly
Events and Marketing Assistant (2014 - Present)
The Marine Mammal Center
Nonprofit, 11-50 employees, Veterinary
Director of Development (2013 - Present)
Disabilities Office Support Coordinator (2012 - 2013)
Academy of Art University
- Resolved complex logistical issues to provide accommodations for students with disabilities.
- Managed special projects, including strategic planning, annual budget, and data analysis and reporting.
- Researched and wrote 2013 department budget; developed budget tracking system.
Communications and Marketing Manager (2011 - 2013)
Satori Yoga Studio
- Manage scheduling and promotion of 6-8 special events monthly; increased class sizes by up to 76%.
- Implemented strategic social and multi-media communications, increasing visibility via Facebook, Yelp, Twitter, and running targeted ad campaigns through email marketing and Google AdWords.
- Launched operations with new partner bank MFO Credo within three months.
- Managed complex launch logistics, liaising with local staff and global Kiva engineers and program teams.
- Produced content, including manuals, reports, and instructional materials, for local staff and client use.
- Created instructional content and trained Credo staff on Kiva site functionality and client communications.
- Managed communications between Credo executives and Kiva staff to ensure operational efficiency.
- Collaborated with Kiva engineers and global staff to troubleshoot, test, and improve user platforms.
- Developed and administered survey on training effectiveness to active Kiva Fellows.
- Acted as PR liaison for all media request; set up interviews and sent relevant content to media outlets.
- Wrote and edited press releases and web and social media postings.
- Restructured the “Newsroom” web page to better reach audiences and streamline messaging.
- Implemented and managed social media strategy.
Event Manager, Finance Division (2007 - 2010)
Corporate Executive Board
Public Company, 1001-5000 employees, Management Consulting
**Publicly traded consulting firm specializing in best practices and business trend analysis.**
- Developed, planned, marketed, and executed 65 corporate meetings annually, targeted to Fortune 500 finance executives, resulting in increased client renewals.
- Achieved a 3.9 customer service average on a rigorous 4.0 scale based on direct client feedback.
- Responsible for all aspects of event management, including production of meeting materials, agenda setting, registration/database management and reporting, and on-site management of staff and speakers, audio-visual/technology set-up, and resolution of onsite issues.
- Tracked meeting costs against $1.3 million budget. Consistently came in under budget.
- Monitored registration reporting, confirmation processes, and attrition tracking to maximize attendance.
- Conducted strategic analysis to identify revenue opportunities and optimize sales and service renewal interactions.
- Managed client relationships, including recruitment and retention, for a financial training program.
- Produced marketing materials, website content, internal communications, webinars, and teleconferences.
- Provided customer support to both external clients and internal team.
- Served as Corporate Volunteer manager for regional office; planned quarterly corporate volunteer days, managed service hours, and coordinated matching gift requests.
Contributing writer (2008 - 2008)
Writing and Editing
Contributing writer for online magazine dedicated to a modern woman's interests.
Development Associate and Assistant to President (2005 - 2007)
Nonprofit, 11-50 employees, Think Tanks
- Managed and produced direct mail program. Analysis and recommendations resulted in lower costs and increased revenue. Exceeded annual goal by 32%.
- Launched online giving program.
- Provided customer service to membership base, including processing rewards and renewals.
- Wrote and edited fundraising appeals, annual report, bi-annual newsletter, and donor communications.
- Managed President’s office; planned board meetings and official events.
Roots & Shoots, Membership and Education Intern (2005 - 2005)
- Facilitated workshops on wildlife conservation for visiting student groups.
- Produced 5% profit-sharing day with Whole Foods stores resulting in record-breaking income.
- Wrote and edited newsletters, manuals, weekly emails, brochures, and website content.
Skills & Expertise
Event Management, Excel, Social Media, Fundraising, HTML, Social Networking, Customer Service, Web 2.0, New Media, Delphi, PowerPoint, Problem Solving, Multimedia, Strategic Analysis, Event Planning, Non-profits, Writing, Public Speaking, Customer Relations, Editing, Microsoft Office, Online Marketing, Word, Budgeting, Social Media Marketing, Blogging, Newsletters, Training, Marketing, Strategy, Salesforce.com
Washington College (2001 - 2005)
BA, International Studies, Concentration in African Studies
Activities and societies: - International Studies Council/Model U.N.;
- Washington College International Studies Review, Editor;
- Alpha Omicron Pi, VP Education;
- Student Government Association, VP Finance, Social Chair.
• Rhodes University, South Africa, Fall 2003
• Tanzania, Summer 2005
Senior Thesis: Analysis of the Land Redistribution Program in Zimbabwe
Laura is an amazingly organized person. We worked together while she served on Washington College's She is one of the most imaginative, creative, and outgoing people I know. She works hard at whatever she does, she is driven, and she knows above all how to network. She is a great friend and an even better listener. I would work with her on any project should I again be given the chance.